Last weekend, I sprained my foot by missing my last stair (going downstairs to feed Charm at 5:04 am…) and I have been in a boot ever since. I’ve also got crutches, or crunches as my dad and I used to call them, but I’ve been avoiding those like the plague. So this week’s planned vacation turned into a staycation, and more accurately a stay-on-the-couch-cation. I took my Fitbit off because I didn’t want it yelling at me to take more steps and fewer naps!
This week of rest has been unfamiliar but much needed, and I’ve found myself thinking some things that I never would think normally, with my pretty active lifestyle. For fun, here’s a little peek into my brain over the past week.
Things Kim Thinks While Injured
- Can we park a little closer?
- Can I sit down yet?
- Will I ever be able to wear heels again?
- Do these socks match my boot?
- Is it too early to nap?
- Is it too late to nap?
- How many naps a day is too many?
- Just one more YouTube video and then I’ll get out of bed… (okay, this is one I think all the time anyway)
- How far can I stretch to reach that thing next to my bed without actually getting up?
- Does this dress match my boot?
- Note to self: I need to make sure I put all my right shoes back with their pair…this is a mess waiting to happen.
- If I only wear the right shoe of a new pair is the left one going to be way less broken in?
- Thank goodness I’m not teaching any yoga or barre classes this week!
- My body is healing, I definitely need to eat that (donut/cookie/ice cream sandwich) to help it heal.
- Ugh. I’m SO SORE from sitting on the couch all day. (Solution: move to bed)
In all seriousness, this injury has forced me to slow down in a way I haven’t in a long, LONG time. I don’t want to be like this forever but I also want to be careful that I don’t overextend myself too soon. Fingers crossed I am on the path to a speedy recovery.